Friday 2 November 2012

How to Repurpose Your Blog Posts for Maximum Influence

Not long ago, I wrote a blog post titled Content Repurposing: Five Experts Share Their Favorite Secrets. In that article, several of my most trusted online marketing colleagues, including Denise Wakeman, Kathleen Gage, Nicole Dean and Marnie Pehrson, weighed in with their most effective and powerful repurposing strategies, along with my own.

In the article you are reading now, I want to expand on just one of those strategies, to give you a deeper understanding of exactly how you can use it to expand your reach, and your industry influence.

One of my favorite ways to repurpose content is to take a portion of another article or blog post, and expand it into a different article for the article directories.

For example, this article is a direct expansion of one of the points from the blog post, Content Repurposing, which I mentioned at the beginning of this article. I'm simply taking one idea from among the many ways to repurpose content that I revealed in the original blog post, and now I'm expanding on that one point to make a complete article that stands on its own.

This is easiest to do when you have written a blog post that contains a list, such as The Top Ten Ways to Get Traffic to Your Website, 21 Creative Ways to Get Your Toddler to Eat Vegetables or even 5 Quick and Easy Ways to Lose Your Belly Fat. Your niche is irrelevant here, as this tactic will work for any niche.

The best part about doing this is that after you explain and expand on your one point, you can then direct the reader to go over to your blog to get the rest of the content, which is directly related to what they have just read.

Now this does take a bit more work than simply copying and pasting your original blog content to the article directories, but it's well worth it, as it bypasses completely the issue of duplicate content and gives your readers a compelling reason for coming over to your blog to get the rest of your ideas.

I also don't worry about trying to plaster this content all over the web by submitting to hundreds of free article directories. That's an old tactic, and it doesn't work anymore. Instead, I stick with the two major content marketing sites on the web today, EzineArticles.com and IdeaMarketers.com.

And because I'm using multiple ways of repurposing my original content (I discuss over a dozen more in my Content Repurposing article on my blog!), I'm not concerned about showing up on 'only' two article directories.

The 'trick' to this tactic is to write the article from your original blog post, just as soon as your post is completed. If you wait, thinking you'll do it later, chances are it will never get done.

You can get the rest of my content repurposing strategies mentioned in this article (plus learn how to expand your influence!) at the Marketing Qi blog


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment